Did you know that World health Organization recommends exclusive breastfeeding for the first 6 months of life, with the gradual introduction of complementary foods and continuation of breastfeeding until 2 years or beyond?
Benefits for mothers when breastfeeding:
· Reduces risks of breast and ovarian cancer later in life.
· Helps women return to their pre-pregnancy weight faster.
· BF is great for bonding.
Health benefits when breastfeeding:
· Breastfeeding shows a significant effect in cognitive function.
· Breastfeeding reduces risk of ear infections and asthma.
· Reduces the risk of obesity in adult life.